Bannerbomb is an exploit capable of launching homebrew from any version of the System Menu. It was created to replace the Twilight Hack, which does not work on System Menu 4.0. The exploit works by using a malformed banner to crash the Wii and run code to load the boot.dol placed in the root of the SD card. It can be used to install the Homebrew Channel, DVDx and the BootMii public beta via the hackmii installer.
– Bannerbomb v1 (mirror) (for 4.0 or below users) NOTE: You MUST use the standard SD Card data management for this.
– Bannerbomb v2 (mirror) – only for 4.2 users
NOTE: You MUST use the SD Card menu for this.
– Hackmii installer (mirror) – You’ll need the boot.elf file included in the package.
What you need:
- SD (or SDHC, only on System Menu 4.0 or higher) card formatted as FAT16 or FAT32.
- SD card reader for PC or a PC with one built-in
- Bannerbomb channel data on your SD Card (get above)
- The HackMii Installer (also get above)
(note: video tutorial link below)
- If your SD card has a private directory with saved channels, rename it temporarily, e.g. to “privateold”. Having other saved channels on the same card will screw it up. (You can skip this step if you don’t have any channels on the SD card. Saves are fine.)
- Copy the Bannerbomb “private” folder to the root of your SD card.
- Take your Wii executable, re-name it to “boot.dol” if it isn’t already, and save it in the root directory of your SD card. (AKA in no folders)
- Put your SD card in your Wii and turn it on.
- For Bannerbomb v1: Go into Wii Options –> Data Management –> Channels –> SD Card
- For Bannerbomb v2: Go to the SD Card Menu on the main System Menu screen
- A message should appear asking to “load boot.dol/.elf”. If it freezes or does not appear, download the next .zip file from the Bannerbomb website and start over.
- The homebrew on your SD card will load. Enjoy!
Video Tutorial & Links
Bannerbomb official Site: https://bannerbomb.qoid.us/
Bannerbomb Wiki page: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Bannerbomb