Hacking your PS Vita with the h-encore exploit will require a firmware version of 3.65. Update your PS Vita to 3.65 in order to hack your Vita with h-encore. This will then allow you to downgrade to 3.60 using modoru in order to install the permanent CFW HENkaku Enso.Be careful, if you update your PS Vita the “official” way (through Sony’s servers) you will update to the latest version and possibly remove the ability to hack your PS Vita.
Follow this guide to update your PS Vita safely.
What you need
- PS Vita Official 3.65 Firmware (pick one):
- Mirror 1
- Mirror 2 (DarthSternie Firmware archive)
- Torrent: PSP2UPDAT.PUP
- The latest release of finalhe
- If you use Mac the latest Mac version of finalhe is v1.5. You’ll need to go to Security settings to be able to open it.
- USB driver for PS Vita (Windows)
Part 1. Install and run finalhe
- For Windows users, install the USB driver for PS Vita
- Extract the finalhe .zip archive somewhere on your computer
- Move the PSP2UPDAT.PUP file into the finalhe folder
- Start the finalhe .exe application on your computer
- If prompted, allow network connections for finalhe
- For Mac users, it is the finalhe .app application
- On your PS Vita, launch the Content Manager app
- Next select “Copy Content” and then “PC”
- Choose the method you want to use to connect to finalhe
- Log in to PSN if prompted
- If you do not have a PSN account, create one
- Select/Register your computer if prompted
- If a message appears asking you to update your PS Vita: do not update, reboot your Vita, and try part 1 again
- If the message persists, enable Airplane Mode on your Vita and try again
- If the above two tips did not work proceed to block updates on your PS Vita using this guide
- The finalhe application will display instructions for updating your PS Vita
Part 2. Update your PS Vita firmware
- On your PS Vita, launch the Settings application
- Navigate to System Update > Update by connecting to a PC
- Ensure the update message “Version 3.65” is displayed
- If it displays any other message, stop and restart from part 1 of this guide
- Follow the prompts to update your device
- Finally, when the process has completed, your device will reboot automatically. Success!
Continue to install h-encore on your PS Vita!