What is PokeGen?
PokeGen is a Pokemon data editor for Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, and Black and White 1 & 2. It works from a computer and can interact with a game by using one of these: an Action Replay, a flashcart, or a GTS sending program.
PokeGen focuses on making Pokemon editing easy, while still keeping Pokemon legal in terms of the game itself. Pokemon generated by other programs are more likely to look “hacked” than a Pokemon generated from PokeGen.
How to Download
Check out the official forum or download the program by clicking here.
Windows XP or newer is required. However, it does run without issues on “emulated” Windows programs for Mac OS and Linux.
Save files (for Action Replay users):
- Pokemon Diamond .sav
- Pokemon Pearl .sav
- Pokemon Platinum .sav
- Pokemon Heart Gold.sav
- Pokemon Soul Silver .sav
- Pokemon Black .sav
- Pokemon White .sav
- Pokemon Black 2 .sav
- Pokemon White 2 .sav
- Generating Action Replay codes to create Pokemon, modify the Pokedex, and add Mystery Gift data, including exporting to an XML file that can be dragged to the Action Replay code manager
- Loading and saving of save files. Pokemon data and Pokedex data can be fully modified.
- Loading and saving of party and PC .pkm files (136, 220, and 236 byte, encrypted and unencrypted)
- Adding Wonder Cards to save files
- Conversion of Action Replay codes into Pokemon information (This is limited.)
- Finding a PID to match IVs, nature, gender, ability, shininess, and hidden power type/power – with variable IVs
- Recalculating save file checksums
- Editing items
- Editing C-Gear background images
Generating a custom Pokemon
Generating an Action Replay Code